Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
As a Doula I am a trained healthcare professional. I provide informational support during my clients' pregnancies. I am a client (patient) advocate for my clients and can help them further understand options and choices during pregnancy and the childbirth process. One of most common phrases I voice to my clients is "hospital policy is not the law." I am a firm believer that a woman should be an active participant in her prenatal care and the care of her child. I understand that there is not a 'one size-fits-all approach.' I value medicine and interventions when they are used as needed and not part routine care. As a doula I do not carry out clinical procedures such as: checking your blood pressure, checking your baby's heart tones, or any invasive care that would usually be provided by a doctor or a midwife.
My Doula services entail of two prenatal visits. These visits are usually done at weeks 32 and 37 of pregnancy. During these visits we will cover physiological events of pregnancy, birth, newborn care, and postpartum. I have walked alongside many women who have experienced pathological events within the pregnancy, therefore by chance if your pregnancy becomes high risk I am able to still help you gather all of the information to help you make the best informed decision for YOU and not the 'one size-fits-all approach.' Either way I will become familiar with your preferences for childbirth and support you carrying out your desires for your pregnancy, birth, and postpartum.
I offer complete labor support, joining the client in active labor. Comfort measures used during labor include but are not limited to: massage, acupressure, and essential oil therapy. I will stay with the client through active labor until the baby has successfully latched onto the breast. If additional support is needed I may stay longer, each situation is unique.
Finally, we will meet for 1 postpartum visit (for private clients). At this visit we will address how mother is feeling physically and emotionally, make sure that feeding desires are going as planned, and if not referrals and additional support can be offered.
My fee for Doula services is $1,300
I am contracted with Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP) and Molina insurances. No out of pocket fees for qualifying IEHP and Molina members.
WHY USE A DOULA?
- Labors are 25% shorter.
- There are fewer complications.
- Cesarean rates are reduced by 50%.
- There is 40% less need for oxytocin to speed up labor.
- Need for forceps is reduced by 40%.
- Women request 30% less pain medication and 60% fewer epidurals.
Effects on the Mother:
- Greater satisfaction with their birth experience.
- More positive assessments of their babies.
- Less postpartum depression.
Effects on the Baby:
- Babies have shorter hospital stays with fewer admissions to special care nurseries.
- Babies breastfeed more easily.
- Mothers are more affectionate to their babies postpartum.
Effects on the Health Care System:
- The cost of obstetrical care is dramatically reduced.
- Women are pleased with the personalized care doulas offer.
- The Benefit of continuous support in labor is recognized by:
- The World Health Organization
- The Medical Leadership Council (an organization of over 1200 U.S. hospitals)
- The Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Canada