My calling is to serve families during a mothers pregnancy & childbirth. It is my passion and I put my whole heart into doing just that. I am not a medical professional, I am a healthcare/ birth professional. I am formerly trained & thoroughly educated in patient advocacy, common procedures that may be carried out in pregnancy or labor. I am a certified DONA doula CD(DONA). My own birthing experiences help me relate to the mother & how she may be feeling. I have had a cesarean and an unmedicated VBAC ( vaginal birth after cesarean ). I definitely hold a special place for moms choosing to have a VBAC. Please contact me with any questions you may have!
WHY USE A DOULA?
- Labors are 25% shorter.
- There are fewer complications.
- Cesarean rates are reduced by 50%.
- There is 40% less need for oxytocin to speed up labor.
- Need for forceps is reduced by 40%.
- Women request 30% less pain medication and 60% fewer epidurals.
- Greater satisfaction with their birth experience.
- More positive assessments of their babies.
- Less postpartum depression.
- Babies have shorter hospital stays with fewer admissions to special care nurseries.
- Babies breastfeed more easily.
- Mothers are more affectionate to their babies postpartum.
- The cost of obstetrical care is dramatically reduced.
- Women are pleased with the personalized care doulas offer.
- The Benefit of continuous support in labor is recognized by:
- The World Health Organization
- The Medical Leadership Council (an organization of over 1200 U.S. hospitals)
- The Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Canada